Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Chicken Tikka Masala

Buttercup has had curry before, but it was milder. This time we gave her a medium tikka masala. It wasn't too hot, but it did have some kick to it. She didn't seem to mind the spice, and enjoyed the meal. My recipe contains chicken, onion, potatoes, peas and tomatoes. 


Unfortunately, I have discovered that spicy foods do not do well in mouths that have teeth cutting through the gums. I learned this the hard way one evening with fajitas (which Buttercup usually loves). She screamed with every bite until I finally realized what was going on and replaced the cayenne pepper-laden food with banana, but I digress.


I gave Buttercup a mound of the curry mixture over a little pile of brown rice and topped it with some homemade yogurt to cool it down a bit. Buttercup picked through each piece, but ate everything she was offered including the rice and yogurt, which she usually ignores. All in all, I was pretty proud of my little girl for embracing this meal. I didn't learn to appreciate curry until I was in my 20's, but at the tender age of 11 months Buttercup is loving international flavors!


PROS: develops the palate
CONS: stains skin (and bibs, and bathtub, and my khakis)

No comments:

Post a Comment