Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Spaghetti squash


Baby eating spaghetti squashBecause we've chosen to introduce solid foods to Buttercup using the baby-led solids method, she's had many foods that I didn't have until I was an adult. For example: spaghetti squash. I love spaghetti squash. Absolutely love it. I scoop out the "guts", bake it til tender, fork out the strings, and liberally apply butter, parmesan, salt and pepper. So good! Someday Buttercup will get to eat it the naughty way with me, but for now she gets it plain jane.

I set some squash aside for her before I doctored it all up for myself. I did cut it up a bit so that the strings weren't so long. I plopped a little pile in the middle of Buttercup's tray and she grabbed fists full and put them in her mouth. She made some weird faces at first (probably because of the strings going down her throat), but ate a laudable amount of the stuff.

PROS: yummy and nutritious vegetable
CONS: none

No comments:

Post a Comment