Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Meatloaf


baby eating meatloafWith as much as Buttercup loves fruits and veggies, I'm always a bit surprised at how much meat she will eat in one sitting. She is a big fan of meatloaf. My meatloaf is made out of ground lean turkey meat, with onions, celery, oatmeal and egg. There is a sauce that I put on top, but I left that off of Buttercup's portion, since it contains honey. I might as well take this opportunity to mention that you should never give your under 1-year-old honey. It can potentially have spores in it that produce neurotoxins in little bodies with immature guts. This makes for very sick babies. Public service announcement over.

So, I sliced the "safe" end off for Buttercup and she ate it. A lot of it. Quite happily.

PROS: good lean protein
CONS: don't give baby the yummy honey/ketchup/mustard sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment