Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Kiwi

Sometimes babies are just confusing. Buttercup loves eating green things. She'll always pick out the peas and green beans first in "mixed veggies." I thought she'd like a green fruit, especially since Hubby loved kiwi as a very young child. Of course, he also liked pickled herring, so maybe he's not the best plumb line. Anyway, I offered some kiwi to Buttercup and she wouldn't even touch it. It was the weirdest thing. Maybe she was in a weird mood, but she literally refused to even look at it. I tried slicing it with the peel on. I tried dicing it. Finally I relented and gave her some roasted pumpkin, which she ate very nicely. When the pumpkin was gone, she picked up a slice of kiwi, kung fu-gripped it in half and sucked on the peel. 

The second time we tried kiwi I gave Buttercup peeled cubes of it. She scarfed half of the fruit in a matter of seconds. Even after I gave her a wider variety of food to pick from she kept going back for more kiwi. I would love to know what goes on in that little mind, but I'm glad she warmed up to the green fruit in the end.

PROS: more vitamin C than oranges
CONS: might not be such a crowd-pleaser?

No comments:

Post a Comment