Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Parsnip


Parsnips are my favorite thing about British cuisine. Ok, well, maybe chocolate is. But still, the first time I had a parsnip I felt like I was eating manna from heaven. Buttercup recently tried this wonderful root vegetable  as a component in a "vegetable cobbler" that included pumpkin. The parsnips were cut in one inch chunks and roasted with some other veggies before being topped with gravy and a savory crumble topping. 

Buttercup ate the parsnip, but was much more interested in the pumpkin she was offered. I think it may have been a bit hard/chewy for her. So, maybe she will enjoy them more when she's got some teeth. Or, maybe she just really likes pumpkin?

Did you know that parsnips are a great source of vitamin C and folate, which help keep those winter colds at bay, and it's also full of fiber. Did I mention they are darn tasty? 

PROS: taste great, nutritious, non-staining
CONS: a bit chewy

No comments:

Post a Comment