Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Omelette

Recently I made breakfast for dinner: omelettes with egg, mushrooms, spinach, green onions and cheese, leaving Buttercup's portion salt-free. I cut the omelette into little squares for easier pick-up-ability. 


Buttercup liked it. It wasn't her favorite meal of all time, but she ate it happily enough.


We used to limit Buttercup's intake of egg whites, due to family history of egg allergies and also eczema that was worsened by egg consumption (both via breastmilk and eaten directly). I am happy to report that Buttercup's eczema has drastically improved. I know most babies outgrow this annoying skin condition eventually, but it makes me happy not to have to factor a skin reaction into my meal decisions.


PROS: protein + veggies = healthy combo
CONS: Buttercup prefers other dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment