Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

Baby Led Solids: Research & Experiments

all content copyright protected
Baby-led Solids Twitter Button

Zucchini

Baby eating zucchiniThis was a special night - the night I picked the first zucchini from my garden. I am a nerd.

I was in a quandary as to how to prepare said zucchini. In the end I tried it two ways: raw and steamed. I washed the outside with Fit and cut several 3 inch-ish sticks. I gave Buttercup the steamed zucchini first. She was pretty excited about it. When I gave her the raw sticks, she gnawed on it for about a second, threw it on the floor and looked at me like, "what the heck was that all about?" Yeah...I should have known, but sometimes a girl's just gotta try things!

Interesting to note in the photo that Buttercup is developing her "pincer" skill. So far she only manages to pincer larger items. I haven't seen her do it with small things. Until I see that consistently I won't let her have any small pieces of food (peas, blueberries, raisins, etc.). We will stick with the classic BLS french fry shape portions for now.

PROS: I grew it myself (can't get more organic than that!)
CONS: none

No comments:

Post a Comment